Here is my 10th (and perhaps final?) installment of 10 of my favorite quotations, getting me to the final #100. Enjoy!
91. "The sun of God's glory was made to shine at the center of the solar system of our soul." – John Piper
92. "In the end, the only 'good name' that matters is not how men feel about us, but how God feels about us." – John Piper
93. "Atheism (Christianity) has been especially advanced through the loving service rendered to strangers, and through their care for the burial of the dead... that the ‘godless Galileans’ (i.e. Christians) care not only for their own poor but for ours as well..." – Emperor Julian (c. 350 ... last non-Christian emperor of Roman Empire and antagonistic).
94. "I’ll tell you why I left. Because stateside young people have every opportunity to ... understand the Word of God in their own language, and these Indians have no opportunity whatsoever. I have had to make a cross of two logs, and lie down on it, to show the Indians what it means to crucify a man. When there is that much ignorance over here and so much knowledge and opportunity over there, I have no question in my mind why God sent me here. Those whimpering stateside young people will wake up on the Day of Judgment condemned to worse fates than these demon-fearing Indians, because having a Bible, they were bored with it – while these never heard of such a thing as writing." – Jim Elliot
95. "Being salt and light demands 2 things: we practice purity in the midst of a fallen world and yet we live in proximity to this fallen world. If you don’t hold up both truths in tension, you invariably become useless and separated from the world God loves. For example, if you only practice purity apart from proximity to the culture, you inevitably become pietistic, separatist, and conceited. If you live in close proximity to the culture without also living in a holy manner, you become indistinguishable from fallen culture and useless in God’s kingdom." – Mike Metzger
96. "The gospel of the blessed God does not go abroad a-begging for evidence, so much as some think; it has its highest and most proper evidence in itself." – Jonathan Edwards
97. "My memory is nearly gone, but I remember two things: that I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Savior." – John Newton
98. "If the cause is worthy, the cost is irrelevant."
99. "I saw that the first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day was, to have my soul happy in the Lord ... to give myself to the reading of the Word of God, and to mediation on it ... not prayer, but the Word of God ... pondering over it, applying it to my heart. The first thing to be concerned about was not, how much I might serve the Lord, how I might glorify the Lord; but how I might get my soul into a happy state, and how my inner man might be nourished." – George Mueller
100. "To know and not to do, is not to know at all." – Howard Hendricks